quarta-feira, março 30, 2022

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

 

Ver pessoas com armas apontadas na sua direcção. Pensar que se vai morrer. Sentir que se foi alvejado e pensar que o mais certo é que se vá mesmo morrer. Ver, ao lado, um amigo a ser alvejado. Querer que o amigo não morra. Ser levado para ser tratado e perceber que o amigo está a ser deixado para trás. Lembrar os outros que não deixem para trás o amigo. Estar no hospital sem saber o que aconteceu ao amigo. Depois, saber que o amigo morreu. Não poder acompanhar o amigo na sua última viagem. Pedir para lerem um poema para o amigo que não estará lá para ouvir. Agora falar de tudo isto. Falar dos pesadelos que não o deixam dormir em paz. Tentar travar as lágrimas.

Este poema:


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.


'I kept saying bring Brent': Inside the moment bullets struck journalist Brent Renaud

CNN's Anderson Cooper visits photojournalist Juan Arredondo in a New York hospital, as the photographer recounts the moment he and award-winning filmmaker Brent Renaud came under fire while covering the war in Ukraine.

__________________________________________


___________________________________________

Sem comentários: